- 6-8 Medium/Large Bell Peppers - ensure they have a flat base so they will stand up when cooking,
- 1 lb Ground Beef,
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion - Diced,
- 1 Can Black Beans - Drained,
- 1 Cup Cooked Brown Rice,
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn,
- 1 Jar Medium Chunky Salsa,
- 1 Packet (about 2 Tbsp.) of Taco Seasoning Mix*,
- 1 1/2 - 2 Cups Grated Cheddar/Mexican Blend Cheese,
- Optional: Guacamole and Sour Cream to finish,
- *To make your own Taco Seasoning at home: (note: makes more than needed for this recipe),
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder,
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin,
- 1 tsp Salt,
- 1 tsp Black Pepper,
- 1 tsp Corn Starch,
- 1/2 tsp Paprika,
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder,
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder,
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper,
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
Cut off the top and remove the seeds from each pepper. Place in a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 350˚F (175˚C).
While the Peppers are roasting - heat oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat. Add ground beef and season with entire taco seasoning packet. Allow beef to brown on all sides. Add diced onion - continuing to cook until softened. Reduce heat to Medium. Mix in the black beans, brown rice, corn, and salsa. Add in 1 cup of cheese and stir until incorporated and the cheese has melted. Remove from heat.
Remove peppers from oven and fill each with the taco mixture. Top with additional cheese and return to the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese has melted. Top each pepper with a generous scoop of guacamole and sour cream. Enjoy!