- 1 1/2 cups dried Israeli (pearl) couscous,
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper,
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil,
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard,
- 1/2 teaspoon honey,
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest,
- 2 to 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice to taste,
- 1 medium English cucumber diced,
- 1 large tomato diced,
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh herbs; use any combination of fresh parsley cilantro basil dill or mint,
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts toasted,
- 1/4 cup raisins
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add couscous and cook until tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain.
While the couscous cooks, in a large bowl, whisk the oil, mustard, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the drained couscous to the dressing and mix well.
Stir in the cucumber, tomato, herbs, walnuts and raisins. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and/or pepper as needed. Enjoy warm or cover then refrigerate until cool, about 1 hour.