- For the Orzo and Veggies:
- 1 1/2 C Crimini Mushrooms destemmed and sliced,
- 1 Red, 1 Yellow, and 1 Orange Bell Pepper, deseeded and diced,
- 1 zucchini,
- 12 oz Cherry Tomatoes cut in 1/2,
- 2 tsp Garlic minced,
- 1/2 C Shallot chopped,
- 3 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil divided,
- 1/2 tsp,
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Ground,
- 1 C Orzo,
- 1 1/2 C Vegetable Broth,
- 1/2 C Garlic and Herb Feta crumbled,
- For the Dressing:
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
- 1 Tbs Lemon juiced about 2,
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt,
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper ground,
- 2-3 Tbs Chopped Fresh Basil,
Cook the Veggies on the stovetop.
Cook the Orzo:
In a large saute pan, heat 1 Tbs of Olive Oil on medium heat until shimmering. Add the orzo and stir, coating the orzo throughly. Stir occasionally for about 3 minutes or until the orzo is toasty and golden. Add the vegetable broth. Be careful here because the broth will spit and sputter. Bring to a simmer, turn down the heat to low, cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Stir. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
Make the Dressing:
In a small bowl add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk until all the ingredients are emulsified.
Putting it all Together:
In the large saute pan, to the orzo, add the veggies and all their juices, stir in the dressing, and feta. Garnish generously with basil and parsley. Serve immediately.