Last Made: 2020-06-16
Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- ### For the Soup
- 2-3 large chicken breasts raw and thawed
- 1 10 oz can red enchilada sauce
- 1 14 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz can corn drained
- 1 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes with juices
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock or about 1 14oz can
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ### Toppings
- shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- tortilla strips or tortilla chips
- diced green onion
- Pour all ingredients except the cream cheese and mozzarella into a large pot heated over medium high heat on the stove top.
- Allow to cook for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pot and shred in a bowl using 2 forks. Return to pot.
- Cut the cream cheese into small cubes and add them and the shredded mozzarella cheese to the pot.
- Stir well until the cream cheese has melted completely into the soup.
- Serve topped with sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla strips, etc.