- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil,
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces,
- 6 ounces dry chow mein noodles,
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow onion,
- 1/2 cup shredded or julienned carrots,
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery,
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic,
- 1 cup shredded cabbage,
- 1/4 cup soy sauce,
- 2 teaspoons honey,
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil,
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion tops (only the dark green part),
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring a pot of water to a boil; add the chow mein noodles and cook according to package instructions.
Preheat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
Add the onions, carrots and celery to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just softened.
Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the noodles to the pan, along with the cabbage. Toss to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey and sesame oil. Pour the soy sauce mixture into the pan.
Stir until sauce evenly coats the noodles. Add the green onion tops and cook for 1-2 more minutes, until green onions and cabbage are wilted. Serve immediately.