Chicken Chow Mein
Last Made: 2017-10-18
Prep Time: 10m
Cook Time: 15m
Total Time: 25m
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 ounces dry chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup shredded or julienned carrots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion tops (only the dark green part)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; add the chow mein noodles and cook according to package instructions.
- Preheat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Add the onions, carrots and celery to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until just softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the noodles to the pan, along with the cabbage. Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey and sesame oil. Pour the soy sauce mixture into the pan.
- Stir until sauce evenly coats the noodles. Add the green onion tops and cook for 1-2 more minutes, until green onions and cabbage are wilted. Serve immediately.