- 1 tablespoon olive oil,
- 1 medium onion diced,
- 4 cloves garlic minced,
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can garlic fire roasted diced tomatoes,
- 4 (15 ounce cans) black beans (2 undrained and 2 drained and rinsed),
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans low-sodium vegetable broth,
- 1 (4 ounce can) diced green chilies,
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed,
- 1½ teaspoons cumin,
- ½-1 teaspoon chili powder,
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice,
- fresh chopped cilantro for serving if desired,
Add two cans of undrained black beans to a food processor and pulse until thickened. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large dutch oven or pot.
Stir in onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
Stir in the tomatoes, all of the black beans, chicken broth, green chilies, corn, cumin and chili powder.
Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes.
If the soup is too thick add more chicken broth. If you would like it thicker puree some of the soup in a blender or food processor.
Take off of the heat and stir in fresh squeeze lime juice.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with fresh chopped cilantro for serving.