- 1/4 cup bottled Italian salad dressing,
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar,
- 1 tablespoon honey,
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper,
- 2 tablespoons olive oil,
- 1 pound chicken breast tenderloins,
- 10 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces, or one 10-ounce package frozen cut asparagus, thawed and well drained,
- 1 cup purchased shredded carrot,
- 1 small tomato; seeded and chopped
In a small bowl, stir together salad dressing, balsamic vinegar, honey, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once. Add half of the dressing mixture to skillet; turn chicken to coat. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
Add asparagus and carrot to skillet. Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; transfer to serving platter.
Stir remaining dressing mixture; add to skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Drizzle the dressing mixture over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with tomato.
Makes 4 servings.