Last Made: 2020-05-18
Sausage, Pepper, Onion and Potato Hash
- 1 (14 ounce) package turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow, red or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 small or 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1) In a heavy bottomed skillet (I like to use my cast iron), heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Fry until golden brown and cooked through, around 8-10 minutes, stirring a few times to ensure even browning.
- 2) In a separate skillet, brown the sliced kielbasa for around 5 minutes in 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat. Remove the kielbasa from the pan and set aside. Add the peppers and onions to the skillet and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- 3) Add the cooked potatoes and kielbasa to the skillet with the onions and peppers and mix everything together. Serve nice and hot!
- ### Notes
- I use two skillets to make this recipe. I used to make it in one, but something always came out wrong. I've learned that when I cook my potatoes in a separate skillet they cook more evenly and stay nice any crispy when they're added to the other ingredients right before serving.
- Sometimes I'll add some minced garlic to the peppers and onions, but it tastes just as good without it.