Last Made: 2018-03-07
One-Pan Pesto Chicken and Veggies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs boneless and skinless, sliced into strips
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes drained of oil, chopped
- 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed, cut in half, if large
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes yellow and red, halved
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, add sliced chicken thighs, season chicken generously with salt, add half of chopped sun-dried tomatoes - and cook everything on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, flipping a couple of times, until the chicken is completely cooked through. Remove the chicken and sun-dried from the skillet, leaving oil in.
- Add asparagus (ends trimmed), seasoned generously with salt, remaining half of sun-dried tomatoes, and cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the asparagus cooked through. Remove asparagus to serving plate.
- Add chicken back to the skillet, add pesto, stir to coat on low-medium heat until chicken is reheated, 1 or 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add halved cherry tomatoes, mix with the pesto and the chicken. Add chicken and tomatoes to the serving plate with asparagus.