Last Made: 2020-02-04
- 1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 1 package low-sodium taco seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 16 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Monterrey jack cheese
- 3 green onions
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a pan brown the ground beef; add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Add cream cheese, cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Stir together and mix well. Set aside and cool completely.
- While ground beef is cooking, cook the pasta shells according to package directions; drain. Set shells out individually on cutting board or baking sheet so that they don’t stick together.
- Pour salsa on bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Stuff each shell with 1-2 tablespoons of the meat mixture. Place shells in 9×13 pan open side up. Evenly cover shells with taco sauce. Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, add shredded cheese and bake for 10-15 more minutes with the foil removed. Top with green onions or olives if desired. Serve with sour cream and/or more salsa.