Last Made: 2019-08-08
Lemon Garlic Orzo with Veggies
- ### For the Orzo and Veggies
- 1 1/2 cup Crimini Mushrooms destemmed and sliced
- 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 orange bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 zucchini
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes cut in 1/2
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 cup shallot chopped
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup garlic and herb feta crumbled
- ### For the Dressing
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs lemon juiced about 2
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper ground
- 2-3 Tbs chopped fresh basil
- Cook the Veggies on the stovetop.
- ### Cook the Orzo
- In a large saute pan, heat 1 Tbs of Olive Oil on medium heat until shimmering. Add the orzo and stir, coating the orzo throughly. Stir occasionally for about 3 minutes or until the orzo is toasty and golden. Add the vegetable broth. Be careful here because the broth will spit and sputter. Bring to a simmer, turn down the heat to low, cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Stir. Remove from heat, cover and set aside.
- ### Make the Dressing
- In a small bowl add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk until all the ingredients are emulsified.
- ### Putting it all Together
- In the large saute pan, to the orzo, add the veggies and all their juices, stir in the dressing, and feta. Garnish generously with basil and parsley. Serve immediately.