Last Made: 2020-06-13
Greek Beef Meatballs
- 1 pound 93 percent lean ground beef
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons finely ground old fashioned oats (food processor)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh baby dill
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 medium red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- tzatziki sauce for serving
- chopped cucumbers and tomatoes for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drizzle a large oven-safe skillet or baking dish with olive oil.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients (except for olive oil, tzatziki sauce, cucumbers and tomatoes) and mix well. Shape into 1 1/2 inch balls and place in prepared skillet or baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until browned and cooked through the center. Serve meatballs gyro-style wrapped in a pita with tomatoes, lettuce, and tzatziki sauce, or serve meatballs alone for a grab-n-go meal.