- 4 cups fresh broccoli (see notes below if you're using frozen broccoli),
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast diced into 1-inch cubes,
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil,
- For the sauce,
- 2 cloves garlic minced,
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce,
- 1/4 cup water,
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar,
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar,
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add the broccoli. Blanch the broccoli for 5 minutes then immediately transfer the broccoli to an ice bath (a large bowl of water with ice in it) to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
In a skillet, brown chicken on both sides with vegetable oil over medium high heat. Add the broccoli (excess water drained well) then turn the heat down to medium. Gently pour in the sauce and let thicken, about 5 minutes. Gently toss the ingredients in the sauce until everything is coated well.
Serve over rice.