- 16 ounces fresh gnocchi,
- 1 tablespoon olive oil,
- 2 cloves garlic minced,
- 12 ounces Italian sausage,
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes,
- 1 teaspoon dried basil,
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt,
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper,
- 1/3 cup heavy cream,
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese,
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley for garnish
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring frequently, for about 7-8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
Add the sausage to the skillet, and cook until no longer pink.
Add the diced tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper to the pan. Bring to a simmer. Return the gnocchi to the pan.
Stir in cream, and cook a few minutes more, until everything is heated through.
Top with Mozzarella cheese. Turn down the heat to low or turn off, and cover until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.