Cheesy Gnocchi and Sausage Skillet
Last Made: 2019-08-20
Prep Time: 5m
Cook Time: 15m
Total Time: 20m
- 16 ounces fresh gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 12 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring frequently, for about 7-8 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- Add the sausage to the skillet, and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the diced tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper to the pan. Bring to a simmer. Return the gnocchi to the pan.
- Stir in cream, and cook a few minutes more, until everything is heated through.
- Top with Mozzarella cheese. Turn down the heat to low or turn off, and cover until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.