Last Made: undefined
Baked Southwest Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn see note
- 1 can diced green chiles
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup colby jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Mix the garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Combine the corn, black beans, green chiles, red bell pepper, and chopped cilantro and mix well.
- In a large casserole dish, lay the chicken breast flat in the baking dish. Sprinkle with seasonings, then spread the corn mixture evenly over it. Add cheese to top it off.
- Bake uncovered at 375˚F for 40-50 minutes or until the chicken has an internal temperature of 160˚F. If the cheese starts to get too brown for your liking, loosely cover with foil for the remainder of the cook time.